Links to sites of local interest
- Fox Inn – Pub and restaurant on Fox Lane, food and drink from noon til late
- The Flowing Well – Pub & restaurant in Sunningwell – recently had a major facelift
- Merry Miller – Pub and restaurant at nearby Cothill
- Westwood Country Hotel – Peaceful 3 star country hotel at top of Hinksey Hill, restaurant, 27 rooms
- Sunningwell Village – Village community site – companion to the well presented periodical Sunningwell Scene.
- Wootton Parish Council (Boars Hill East) and Sunningwell Parish Council (Boars Hill West).
- Oxford Restaurants – 150 listings by cuisine & location – excellent guide
- What’s on in Oxford – Daily Info guide to the theatre, cinema, concerts, exhibitions – in fact everything that is happening!
- Oxford Philharmonic Orchestra – Thanks to Marios Papadopoulos, one of the leading orchestras in the UK is right here!
- Vale of White Horse District Council
- Oxfordshire County Council
- Oxford City Council – Whats on & local events
- Abingdon Town Council – Whats on & local events
- Oxfordshire pubs – Index of most pubs with telephone numbers and addresses
- Oxford Preservation Trust – Maintains various valuable open spaces, including several on Boars Hill
- The University Engineering School in the 1930s – An account by the late BHA President: Brig. Douglas Henchley OBE
- Oxford History – Wonderful photographic journey into Oxford’s past by Stephanie Jenkins
- Sunningwell School of Art – Lovely location next to the village pond!
- Friends of Boars Hill – Residents’ Campaign against the proposed re-development by Peking University of the old Open University site on Berkeley Road opposite the “Old Golf Course”.
If any resident of Boars Hill wishes to advise a link which he or she thinks would be useful or of interest to other residents please e-mail details to: Colin Weyer: sunbeam -at- newbury.net (Replace ” -at- ” with “@”.)
The link requested should have some local interest to Boars Hill. The provision of a link will be at the sole discretion of the BHA. The BHA accepts no responsibility for the content of any site to which a link is made. The content of any other site will be the sole responsibility of that site owner. Where appropriate a reciprocal link to this site will be requested.